- The worker will be responsible for irrigating, cultivating, and planting crops. He/ she will be responsible for detecting the crop health and detect and analyse any issues that require action from the farm manager.
- Taking care of the livestock and poultry will also be the responsibility of the worker. This will include assessing the feed availability, water lines, as well as monitoring their health.
- The worker will also be responsible for evaluating the airflow and temperature in the chicken coops, pens, and horse shelters.
- Since the worker would need to sort the produce for sending to market, the ability to distinguish between colors is a must.
- The quality of the produce must be assessed before shipping off to the market for selling. The worker will also have to keep a record of the crops harvested and the produce sent off to the seller’s market.
- The farm activities incorporates a blend of the cultivation and harvesting of foods grown from the ground including melons, apples, cherries, field berries, and blueberries. The worker will mainly deal with the fruit produce.
- The worker is also expected to develop a daily progress report for the supervisor.
Fruit Farm Labourer
40-80 hours per week; full time; seasonal employment
Paul Goddard is looking for eight farm laborers to work on the farm, particularly the fruit produce of the season. This is seasonal employment, however, it opens up chances for further continuation of employment with the farm. The working conditions are as follows:
Since it is a physically demanding job with a combination of sitting, standing, crouching, bending, and kneeling, a physically fit worker is required for the job. Furthermore, since it is outdoor work, the worker will have to work in a damp, noisy, and dusty environment. It also required extended periods of standing and walking in harsh weather conditions, therefore, a person who is able to work in these conditions will be a perfect fit for the role.
Additional Details :
- The worker will have to work in the outdoors and also deal with the refrigeration unit of the farm. Therefore, someone who can handle multiple tasks and duties will be required for the role.
- The job does not require any certificate, diploma or degree to apply, but experience is an asset and will improve the chances of securing the job.
- English proficiency is a must because the communication is conducted in English and the worker must prepare the daily reports in English as well.
- The worker will have to work in a fast-paced environment and achieve tight deadlines and work according to schedules.
- The work starts as soon as possible.
- Only applicants who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered for the role because the worker will not send out work visas.
Since the work is in a rural area, staff accommodation is part of the compensation to the worker.
It pays $14.39/ hour for a 40-80-day week.
How to Apply:
Send in your applications by mail to 242 Hunt Rd Brighton, ON, K0K 1H0
Apply by 1st of August 2021