Farm Worker Jobs in Canada 2020
We are looking for a skilled, active individual who is interested in working as a farm laborer. The applicant must know how to operate farming machinery/equipment or must have the dedication to learn. Commitment to learning about different elements of farming is a must point. Some prior knowledge regarding agriculture will be a bonus point for the applicant. The farm is a combination of vegetables and fruits. We currently use raspberries and blueberries as crops.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The potential applicant will be responsible for implementing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Cultivating, fertilizing, plowing, harrowing of the fields are the basic requirements of this job position. Alongside the tasks mentioned above, harvesting and watering crops on farms is also a must activity. Maintaining the required machinery is essential.
- The applicant must be aware of how to make mixtures using essentials such as fertilizers, soil, and sand concerning different farming. Additionally, prior knowledge of the preparation of pesticides and understanding how to operate spray machines in farm fields is a bonus. Furthermore, using knowledge on how to use insecticides to protect plants and farm fields is a requirement as well.
- Education on how to cut and manage garnered crops is crucial.
- Maintaining the optimum quality of the product is essential.
- Knowing how to prepare the plants as final products for selling is also a requirement.
As mentioned earlier, our priority is an applicant who is willing to learn and work with dedication. Prior knowledge is crucial, but not the main requirement of the job. Therefore, applicants from no/no specific educational background are more than welcome to apply.
It is an outdoor farm job that requires a lot of maintenance. Therefore, we are looking for an applicant who has at least one year of professional experience. The applicant must keep in mind that their services are needed for climatic and weather conditions.
The candidate must have what it takes to work in a fast-paced environment. It is a physically demanding job; therefore, they must be strong enough to handle heavy loads and a lot of walks, standing, and sitting. Furthermore, the applicant must have excellent English written and oral skills.
A hard-working candidate will benefit from this job when it comes to their personal growth and growth of the farm. The applicant must have a learning approach with the willingness to acquire knowledge, which would be beneficial. A positive attitude in the farming industry can go a long way, and that is what we are looking for. The applicant must be willing to remain full time and for an extended period for their learning.
Total Vacancies: 7
Job type: Permanent/full time
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Expected Salary: $14.60 per hour
Location: Aldergrove, BC
Last date to apply: 08/10/2020
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org