- The worker should plant, water, and look after the yields. He/she will likewise be responsible for fertilizing and spraying the crops.
- The work also includes harvesting the crops.
- The worker must monitor the crop health and diseases in livestock and poultry.
- The produce must be assessed for quality and shipped off to the market for selling.
- The farm includes both crops and livestock, the worker will be responsible for evaluating the airflow and temperature in the chicken coops, pens, and horse shelters. The laborer will likewise need to assess the water lines for the animals.
- The farm activities incorporates a blend of cultivating of foods grown from the ground including melons, apples, cherries, field berries, and blueberries. The worker will mainly deal with the onion produce.
- The expected set of responsibilities incorporates developing a daily progress report.
40-hour week; part-time work
Wilmar Acres Ltd. is looking for five farm laborers to fulfill the workload in the peak season. This is seasonal employment, however, it opens up chances for further continuation of employment with the farm. The working conditions are as follows:
The worker should be physically fit since it is a physically demanding job. The job includes kneeling, bending, crouching, extended periods of standing and bending because it involved working with crops and carrying out the farm responsibilities dutifully. The tasks also require someone who gives attention to detail because the work consists of sorting produce that is fit to be sold in the market.
Since the job requires working with crops, it will be damp, wet, and noisy. The worker might also have to work during hot weather conditions.
- Since the work is outdoors, the worksite is dusty, noisy, and damp. The worker will have to work in hot and cold weather to take care of the crops and the farm animals. So, the farm produce is not impacted by the harsh weather.
- Also, since the worker has to examine the produce for any defects and prepare them for the market, it is important that they are able to distinguish between colors. So, the rotting vegetables and those which are underripe are not harvested.
- No previous experience is required. Also, the job does not require any certificate, diploma or degree to apply for this job. However, English proficiency is a must because the communication and the daily reports will have to be developed in English.
- The work environment is fast-paced and repetitive tasks are a part of the job. A person who can work in a tight deadline environment and is quick and swift with handwork will be preferred for the job.
- The worker might have to handle heavy loads.
- The work starts as soon as possible.
- Only applicants who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered for the role because the worker will not send out work visas.
The worker will not provide transportation, therefore, the worker will have to arrange for their own transport.
It pays $13/ hour for a 40-day week.
How to Apply:
Send in your applications to [email protected] or by phone at 902-582-7544 from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Apply by 16th of July 2021