Factory laborers are crucial to the manufacturing process, so they pay well and offer many benefits, especially in Canada. If you have what it takes to be a sturdy farm laborer, read on for the requirements.
Kingswood Interiors Ltd. Is looking for ten factory labourers who will be trained on-site for the job. Therefore, no previous experience is required. It is a permanent, full-time role and the work hours are during the daytime
- The worker will have to sort different materials and package them according to the need. He will also be responsible for sorting these materials into crates and delivering them to workstations where these materials are required.
- Other elementary activities like cleaning the work areas before the wood smiths arrive and the machinery before and after it is put to use will be the worker’s responsibility.
- The worker will also be responsible for assisting other workers as well as machine operators. In addition, those who assemble in the workstation might also require their assistance. Therefore, the worker’s responsibility is to ease the operations and ensure that all work is being carried out smoothly.
- Furthermore, another integral part of the worker’s duty is to transport raw materials in time for them to be used in the manufacturing facility. Finished products will also have to be transported to the end of the production line or to the transport vehicle to finally transport the finished pieces to the customer or the shop.
- The equipment also needs to be transported throughout the factory as per the craftsmen, the machine operators, or as per daily duty.
- The worker also has the responsibility to check the products for any defects and inform the factory supervisor if any equipment issue leads to the defects.
- Weighing the materials is also part of the job and is a component of the final inspection of the pieces, the report of which should be submitted to the factory supervisor.
City: Calgary region
$18 – $22/ hour for 44 hours/ week
Group insurance and dental benefits
- The worker will be required to handle weight up to 23 kgs or 50 lbs. For items weighing more than that, powered equipment is available to handle the material.
- Since it is a furniture manufacturing company and the workstations will have hazardous materials scattered. Therefore, the worker should own a set of steel-toed boots for safety.
- The worker will be noisy and dusty because of the nature of the work.
- The worker should have their own transportation to commute to the workplace since transportation benefits will not be provided.
- The work is fast-paced and requires the worker to perform under pressure. Since it is necessary that the worker handle heavy loads and conduct the activities of transportation, it is a physically demanding job.
- The worker might also be standing for long periods, so someone who is physically fit will be required for the job.
- A high school or a secondary school graduation certificate is required for the job. In addition, English language proficiency is a must because English will be the language for communication.
- Being flexible and depicting effective team skills is a requirement. This is because it is a long-term job, and working well with the team will be beneficial for the manufacturing company as well as the employee.
- The worker is expected to be organized and have practical interpersonal skills.
About the Employer
The employer will only consider the applicant for the job if they have a legal permit to work in Canada. Those who are not authorized to work in Canada will not be considered for the position because the worker is not permitted to send out work visas.
How to Apply
An email with your resumes and a short cover letter depicting your interest in the job on [email protected]. You can apply by the 21st of June, 2021.